Heyyyy! Me again! And I’ve got some links that I’ve been gathering and saving up for weeks. The weekends kept getting away from me and I hadn’t shared links for a while, so here we go!
- This inspired a total overhaul of my instagram use.
- “OMG, I am soooo busy.” Why do we do this??
- I’m kind of intrigued by this one exercise that will supposedly dramatically improve my running. Anyone tried it before?
- You CAN take great photos with your iPhone in the dark –> Here’s how and it’s genius.
- I feel like this is pretty unnecessary. I’ll stick my wine in the fridge, thanks.
- These girls from Nashville are so cute and talented!
- I’m totally flattered that I was included in Spry Living’s roundup of favorite health bloggers!
- I tried this mango-peeling method tonight. IT WORKED. Holy crap, my life has been changed.
Last week’s workouts
S – rest (I was in DC and some of the girls did a bootcamp. Allison, Annie the Bulldog and I supervised. 🙂 )
M – SLEEP IN
T – 3.5 mile run + weights
W – 5.5 mile run
Th – 5 mile run
F – intervals + upper body weights (workout details posted here. This was a GREAT workout!)
S – rest (although I think cleaning counts as a workout!)
A few of you asked on my last post how I increased my running pace by so much. Here is the post I wrote about how I increased my running speed. I’m going to keep thinking to see if I think of anything else I’ve done since I wrote that post that I think has helped. But I still stand by everything in that post! If you’ve been reading for a while you can see from that post that my pace and PRs have improved even since I wrote that just 18 months ago! When I wrote that, my half PR was 1:42 and now it’s 1:34, and I’ve cut over 30 seconds off my 5K time. I think the biggest factors still are #1 and #4 – training with faster runners (for me, this is John!) and intervals!
Hope your week gets off to a great start! Let me know if you have any specific questions about increasing your pace, or want more details about anything!