Here’s some of my favorite reads this week. Enjoy!
- Wal-Mart wants to compete with Whole Foods. I did go to Wal-Mart today [for the first time in a loooong time] for some laundry detergent, mascara, and socks and was reminded how CHEAP everything was. But most of their produce is covered in wax and just looks fake. No thanks. I did, however, find some organic spinach while I was there. What do you think? Can Wal-Mart compete will Whole Foods or will the demographic not cross over?
- Jessica [at How Sweet It Is] posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Granola. I see making this in my future very soon.
- Christie [at Roller Koester Runs] had her first green smoothie and made kale chips for the first time!
- The Fitnessista wrote a great post on carbs and whether or not you should eat them before bed.
- The Hungry Hungry Hippie launched her Open Sky Shop!
- The question of “what is whole soy” is answered in an easy-to-understand article here.
I’m off to paint my nails [I’m thinking dark grey] and then we’ve got dinner plans with some friends. It will most definitely not be vegetarian and will involve large quantities of hush puppies. Sweet love, I love hush puppies. Prissy Polly’s, here I come.
I’ll have some pictures and perhaps a product review for you tomorrow.
Enjoy your night!