When Rob and I were in Seattle, one extremely rainy evening, we went to a little Thai place for dinner. We rarely order dessert at ethnic restaurants since they aren’t usually our style, but we decided to live large and order the coconut milk dessert. It was amazing.
So I recreated it at home. Not quite as amazing using lite coconut milk, but still delicious. And healthier.
Warm Coconut Banana Bonanza Bowl
[not the official thai name]
- 1 can (15 oz) lite coconut milk or regular, if you’re feeling extravagant [mmm….love that creamy goodness on top of regular coconut milk…sorry, I digress]
- 2 bananas
- some sort of coconut meat, optional [this was in the dessert we got at the restaurant, but I haven’t looked for it at the store]
- Slice up the two bananas and divide between two bowls. Add the coconut meat, if using.
- Divide the coconut milk between the two bowls, pouring over the banana slices.
- Microwave until warm, 30-60 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste and enjoy.
Ever notice how many desserts from other cultures are fruit based? Kind of makes me feel like I have desensitized taste buds when I require something really rich to satisfy my sweet tooth. Oh well. I’m cool with it. 🙂 But I’m also cool with fruit desserts. Sometimes.
On a totally unrelated topic, I just started reading The Help and can’t put it down. What book are you currently reading?