Happy Sunday! This weekend has been so nice and leisurely. I slept in until 8:30 on Saturday, which is super rare for me and enjoyed a slow morning before heading to open gym at Top Tier Crossfit at 11. It felt so good to lift weights after a few weeks off leading up to and after the marathon. (More details on that in my weekly workout recap coming soon!)
We had a birthday party last night and then went to church today and grabbed lunch afterwards. Now I’m sitting outside in the sun with my best girl, catching up on emails and working on a few blog posts. Alright, onto the links!
- I used to make bread ALL the time before I found out I don’t tolerate gluten well. I’ve found that I can tolerate sourdough a bit better than most breads and this post from Jen made me want to make my own. It also made me want to make my mom’s famous bread. 🙂
- A blog reader, Vania, sent me this article and it freaked me out. I’m careful not to run in the dark by myself, but to be attacked in a bathroom is something I never thought of. Please be careful and aware of your surroundings friends. Although, I don’t even know how you could even know that you were in danger in that situation. Ugh. I need to take another self-defense class.
- When to return to running after a marathon. I googled that phrase a LOT and texted a lot of friends in the last week since the race. I liked this simple answer: “The duration of your recovery period depends on soreness.” Soooo, by those standards, I could have run two days after the race. I was a little sore the day after, but all soreness was completely gone by Monday, which still blows my mind. But I did squats yesterday and can barely sit today. I’m WAY more sore from that than I was from the race.
- Is fat killing you, or is sugar? Honestly, I NEVER think about my fat intake. But I definitely pay attention to my sugar intake.
I’m going to try to do a better job of sharing when I see sales at my favorite stores since you all like the fashion posts so much! You can always see previous outfits I’ve shared under the Fashion category and under What I Wear>On Instagram using the menu bar. Anyway, here’s what’s happening right now!
- J.Crew Factory: extra 50% off clearance with code ALLMINE
- Bloomingdales: 25% off with code FRIENDS (through 4/9)
- Kate Spade: 25% off (ends 4/2 so hurry!)
- Nordstrom: they just added a bunch of new items to their sale section, including these earrings that I love and wear at least 4x a week.
- Banana Republic: 40% off with code GREAT. Exclusions apply but my beloved Sloan pants are included; I have them in 7 colors and I wear them ALL THE TIME for work (and for golf since women’s golf pants are hideous).
- Ann Taylor: 40% off dresses & skirts (be still my heart, I want them all) using code SHOP40
This blue long sleeved dress I’m wearing isn’t on sale but I’ve already worn it 4x in two weeks since I got it, so I’m feeling very good about paying full price for it. 🙂 The fit is amazing and it has SPF 50, which is great since Maizey lays down and won’t move on our walks when it’s pretty outside. We ended up being outside for 2 hours instead of 30 minutes. (She’s so rotten.) I wore it to church with wedges (similar to these) and wore it on our walk with Birkenstocks. I’ll post a full length pic soon!
Alright, I’m going to chill with my pup girl and then start to prep dinner. Enjoy your evening!