A weekend recap, my favorite healthy cookbooks for meal planning, and favorite links from the past week.
Happy Sunday! It’s been a gray, drizzly weekend in Winston, but oh-so-warm. I wore shorts on my long run yesterday and got too hot in my long-sleeved shirt. We’re dropping back to cold temperatures this week so I’m glad I got to enjoy the warmer temps for a bit!
I went to dinner at Mozelle’s with my friend Carolyn last night to celebrate her (belated) birthday. It was fun to dress up! I almost always opt for heels when I’m going out to dinner, but my foot was feeling a little finicky after running, so I was glad I had my new flats (my review here).
Most of the afternoon was spent vegging on the couch, flipping through cookbooks and then going through some blog emails. (I shared in my Day in the Life post that I try to relax more on the weekends!)
We’re headed to dinner tonight at Milners with our friends Anna and Kevin to celebrate their first baby due in a few months. Lots of eating out this weekend is leaving me feeling spoiled! Sometimes trying to cook every night can feel stressful (and this is coming from a person who loves to cook!) so it’s a nice break to go out.
Alright, onto my favorite links from the past week!
- I love this post from Bess with tips to go from sweaty to ready after a gym sesh. The irony was that I read her post after getting home from a post-WOD dinner where I looked terrible. Now I have tips to look more presentable next time. 🙂
- Tommy and I tell Maizey she is pretty not smart. Well, according to this “how smart is your dog?” quiz, she is a “loveable doofus.” Sounds about right.
- Would you eat crickets in a protein bar? I’m out.
- There are 3 types of selfie takers. Which are you?
- Neiman Marcus Last Call is having a winter sale. I REALLY want these boots (that price for Cole Haan!!!), this sweater, and this oversized cardigan.
Alright, I better go freshen up for dinner! Hope you had a lovely weekend!
Shop the Post
Ready to run?
I'll send you advice for getting started and staying motivated, my favorite running gear, playlists, tips to increase your speed, avoid injuries and more!