- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jar green salsa verde
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons grout cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce each) chicken broth
- 3 cooked chicken breasts
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, OR vegan cheese
- Heat oil in large pot and slowly cook the onion until tender.
- Add garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Add salsa and stir.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken, and beans. Cook about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Top with sour cream.
Notes: For the leftover chicken, you can buy pre-cooked chicken, a rotisserie chicken or just boil chicken breasts for 15 minutes and then shred.
Keywords: White Chicken Chili