hey guys! I didn’t intend to take a little blogging hiatus but I did! So let’s get caught up on each other’s lives shall we?
1. I made this red wine beef stew last week when it was cold and drizzly. It was INNNNNcredible. I’m almost wishing for another yucky day just so I can make it. The entire broth of the soup consists of red wine. No water, no beef stock. Just red wine. 🙂
2. I made this clam spaghetti dish with fresh basil-parsley cilantro. It’s pretty simple and extra delicious.
We went through a lot of clams. 🙂
A friend and I had dinner with the lovely Anna and her husband. She brought an amazing poppyseed salad and was thoughtful enough to make the dressing dairy-free!
And they spoiled us with La Crema Chardonnay. I loooove this stuff.
3. I went to a cookout (AKA BBQ) with some friends on Friday night and had the most delicious bison burger and lots of laughs. The next day, Whole Foods was having a special on bison burgers at lunch to raise money for their Whole Planet Foundation. $5 for a bison burger & beer! And I realized….I don’t think I have ever had a can of beer before that day – I’ve only ever had bottles or draft! (I also bought bison patties to cook for dinner that night. What can I say…I like bison.)
Let’s talk about that hair shall we? I tried to see if I could coerce my stick-straight hair into a wave if I scrunched it and let it dry. It didn’t work. Terrible. And, I realized that I looked like I was wearing a shirt with the name Al on it at the same time. (It really says Y’all.) It was a rough hair + outfit day.
Luckily I had a hair appointment later that day. I’m sure my stylist was thinking, “What have you done to my masterpiece?!”
He fixed me right up and added some bangs in too. No, I don’t know what I’m doing with my face. Let’s not talk about it. Or the giant glasses. Let’s not talk about those either.
4. Instead, let’s talk about these Brookside dark chocolate-covered goji berries my mom sent me in my Easter package. SOOOO good. Go find them. And send me some more.
I loved her Easter Bunny drawings just as much.
5. Let’s also talk about Maizey’s obsession with the shower. Caught ya! Don’t try to sneak past me pup!
6. I ran 7 miles on Saturday, average 7:45ish pace. It felt so good!
I treated myself with an Americano afterwards and treated Maizey to the sweat on my legs.
And then she sunbathed while I sipped my java.
Now, I’ve done all the talking; tell me about you. 😉 How was your Easter? I’ve missed you guys. 🙂
If you have a dog, do you let them lick you? I know some people are really weird about it. It doesn’t bother me until she tries to lick my palms (eeew!) or when I have lotion on my legs and she licks it off.