Get gift ideas for your favorite running buddies without breaking the bank. These work great as a stocking stuffer for your running-obsessed loved ones as well or as birthday gifts year-round.
Gifting for runners can be hard. But I’ve found that the best gift is something practical that you know they’ll use. And even better is a gift that they don’t really want to buy themselves but they always need (i.e. see #9!).
While I shared my gift guide for runners who have everything a few days ago, it’s nice to have a few lower price options so I put together a guide for all of the best little gifts under $20 for your favorite runner. As a long-time runner (I’ve been running for over 20 years!), I always have an ongoing wishlist of things I’d love to have or need to replace, whether it be running socks, race snacks, new hairbands, or running books. And I bet nearly every runner has the same things on their list so you can’t go wrong with these.
Gift Guide for Runners under $20
This is one of my favorite cookbooks and I reference it all the time, both for recipes and nutrition advice for performance and recovery.
2. Body Glide isn’t necessarily a glamorous gift, but it’s definitely practical.
EVERY runner needs this at one time or another! It makes a great stocking stuffer.
For runners with long hair, you can’t beat these Lululemon hairbands. They have reflectors on them, and they’re really strong which matters for thick hair like mine.
4. An insulated water bottle is a must have since staying hydrated even when not running is important.
I carry mine around with me everywhere and I love that it doesn’t sweat on surface. (I save sweating for the miles!) Bonus points for pairing it with Nuun electrolyte tablets (my favorite is strawberry lemonade).
5. One of my favorite things to run with is a Spibelt.
I use it to hold my car keys, an energy gel, and my phone. It doesn’t bounce – I’ve tested it with 20 mile runs!
6. I want everything that Trigger Point makes.
7. Honey Stinger energy gels are one my favorites.
8. These running gloves have touchscreen spots on them so you don’t have to take off your gloves to use your phone. Perfect for winter runs.
9. My favorite running socks ever!
They’re not too thin or thick, don’t rub and don’t slip. (Men’s version here.)
10. While it’s inconvenient, if I’m running solo at dawn or dusk, I carry pepper spray with me.
It’s a sad reality of our world, but it’s better to feel prepared in case you need to defend yourself.
You can see more of my running favorites in my Amazon store!
Shop the post