Don’t wait for the 2021 to start, resume or improve your running. Get a headstart on your running goals before January 1 and you’ll feel better — physically and emotionally — during the holidays.
Over the years as I’ve shared my running journey online (I’ve had a running blog for over 15 years!!), blog readers, family and friends have reached out for advice about running. And I started realizing I get the same questions over and over. So even though I have hundreds of running articles, people still weren’t quite sure where or how to start.
One of my goals with this blog has always been to help others find the joy in running that I do, so I set a goal a few years ago to create an online running course. I wanted to put all my best running advice in a consolidated, easy-to-access spot and really elaborate on the most commonly asked questions.
Fast forward through two years of work, and Get Your Run On was born in 2020! (It was the second best thing born in 2020!)
I wanted to help new runners feel like they had some tangible steps to get started without feeling overwhelmed. And I wanted runners with more experience to learn from the things I’ve learned along the way to keep improving. I also wanted to create a community for runners to help each other stay motivated and help support one another.
Improve Your Running Before the New Year
2020 has been TOUGH, and I know so many people have turned to running more than ever or first the first time ever to cope. I love that. But the holiday season is stressful during normal years, so this year…oof. Running can help you enjoy the season more. You don’t have to wait for the New Year, some arbitrary date, to get started with your running goals. I honestly think now is a BETTER time to kick that off. You deserve to enjoy the holidays even during tough times.
There are more details below on my running course and our next live class is happening THIS Friday! It’s only for people enrolled so make sure you join before then to get details to access it!
What is Get Your Run On?
Get Your Run On is an online course that you can complete at your own speed. It’s a lifetime membership, so even after you’ve finished, you can return to it at any point.
When you join Get Your Run On, you’ll have access to:
- 13 video lessons, covering everything from getting started, warming up, getting faster, choosing the right shoes, fueling and more!
- Six training plans, from 5K to Half Marathon, designed for beginner or intermediate runners
- A Running Dictionary so you can understand and speak the lingo
- Exclusive LIVE Q&A sessions with me to ask all your running questions! This is ONLY for people in the course and not available anywhere else.
And once you’re enrolled, you’ll have access to all course additions and upgrades without paying more, even if the course price increases over time. I’ve got new topics and features I’ll be adding in 2021 based on feedback from those who enrolled in 2020! (Some course enhancements include a private Facebook community and live classes with guest speakers who are experts in their field, including nutrition, physical therapy, coaching and more!)
Running is one of the things that makes me happiest, helps my anxiety, keeps me healthy, and makes me a better friend, wife, and mom. I’ve been a runner though lots of different seasons of life (including pregnancy!), and have 20+ years of running experience. I’ve even run more than 50 races, from 5Ks to marathons to 24 hours relay races.
So in my running course, we talk about everything that’s helped me stay consistent and make improvements both short and long-term. And I mean everything: gear, terminology, injuries, motivation, race plans, choosing the right shoes, warming up, fueling, and more. I also host live classes where you can ask your questions directly since everyone’s training is a little different!
Is Get Your Run On right for you?
Good question! Ask yourself these things:
- Do you start and stop running a lot? There is a lesson on how to stay motivated and consistent!
- Do you want to start running but don’t even know where to start since you can’t even run for 5 minutes? I explain exactly how to start from day one with no running experience!
- Does the terminology around running shoes overwhelm you? Neutral, stability, heel drop, toe box, gah! I explain it all and how it applies to choosing the right shoes for you!
- Do you want to run faster, but aren’t sure why you can’t, even if you’ve been running for a while? I have a whole lesson dedicated to tips to run faster, with the EXACT things I did to cut 30+ minutes off my half marathon time!
- Curious what the best recovery tools are, how to warm up, and what stretches to do? I shared all of my go-to’s with videos on each!
- Are you unsure of what to eat before, during and after a run? I have a lesson on fueling, with input from a registered dietitian with a Ph.D. in sports nutrition!
- Do you wish you had someone to ask all your running questions to? You’ll be able to ask any questions during the live classes!
If your answer to any of those questions was yes, I really believe this course will be helpful for you. Click here to get started.
Get Your Run On Reviews
Here’s what others have said about it!
“Get Your Run On is an essential course for all runners rather you are a beginner or have been running for a while. Teri is very knowledgeable and covers everything from training plans, to gear and shoes, to fueling for your run. I feel so much more confident after completing her course and I am making substantial progress in my training. The course is amazing and offered at an incredible value. Thank you Teri!” -Leah, Minnesota
“Teri’s course is great, it covers everything deeply and the information is serious and reliable. I’ve been running for years and I learned a ton, definitely recommend.” -Leticia, Brazil
“The Get Your Run On course is great! I used to be a runner but it’s been years and the course has helped me make a plan to get started again from just walking all the way up to running a half marathon again. It’s complete with learning what gear/shoes I’ll need to warmups/stretching to nutrition. The courses are easy to watch and not too long that I could watch them at my leisure without feeling like it was taking too much of my day. Get Your Run On has gotten me motivated and excited to run again!” – Alissa, Colorado
“Had some unexpected free time this morning so I just finished the shoe section on your running course! Soooo helpful! I’ve read so many different articles about finding the best running shoes but it makes so much more sense after seeing the visuals throughout the video! Excited to add some more shoes to my rotation!” –– Erika
- Get Your Run On — $79.00
Not sure if this is the right time to get started? Join my free running newsletter!
Shop the post
Ready to run?
Join my FREE mini Running Bootcamp and I'll share my favorite running shoes, advice on what to eat before a run, tips to run faster and more!