I always forget about tuna salad, which is a shame since it’s a cheap source of protein and it’s delicious.
So I revived my limp celery. (Did you know you can stick depressed celery in a class of water – chop the ends off first – and it will perk back up?) Then I diced up two stalks.
I combined 2 heaping tablespoons of the Cow and 2 teaspoons of Emeril.
Drained my white albacore tuna and mixed it all together with some black pepper and a teensy dash of cayenne.
I love white sharp cheddar. And I love New York. So this was essential.
Whole wheat tortilla (from the freezer section of Whole Foods so it’s not full of scary stuff) + tuna salad + cheese.
Make George press it. Melty melty yummy yummy.
Served with two stalks of massaged kale and a nice long carrot. Pretty well balanced meal, I’d say.
- 1 (7 oz) can of white albacore tuna in water (not oil), drained
- 2 T plain non-fat yogurt (Brown Cow makes my favorite plain variety) or greek yogurt
- 2 t mustard of your choice
- 1/3 chopped celery
- dash of cayenne pepper
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Combine all ingredients (duh) and divide between the tortillas.
- Fold in the sides and roll up. Press in your George Forman grill (or on a skillet with a another skillet on top of your wrap for weight) until the cheese melts.
- 4 stalks kale
- drizzle of olive oil (maybe about a teaspoon?)
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and dry your kale (I used my salad spinner).
- Tear into bite sized pieces, discarding the hard stalk in the middle and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over kale and get your hands in there and massage it. This softens it up so it’s tastier.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Wonder why I even gave you directions since it’s exactly what it sounds like. But I remember once upon a time I didn’t know what massaged kale meant. 🙂
Do you like tuna? What’s your favorite tuna salad combo? I also love cherry tomatoes in tuna salad.
Do you like kale chips or raw, massaged kale better? I prefer massaged kale.
I can’t stand watching Emeril. Anyone else?